Trees are an asset to any building, whether commercial or residential. They bring fresh air, shade and enhance the aesthetics of dull concrete by adding vitality and color. But some trees can pose a danger to you and your property, and you may not even be aware of them till it’s too late. Such trees are known as hazardous trees.
A tree can be defined as hazardous if it poses a threat or danger that exceeds the property manager or owner’s risk tolerance level. If a tree falls under the dangerous category, you should remove it at the earliest. If you can do with removing it, you must take other mitigating actions.
Signs that a tree is hazardous
Apparent signs: Some signs are easy to identify, and you can spot them without an expert’s help. These are:
- Split trunk or branches.
- The tree is leaning to the side.
- The tree is dead, decaying, or pests, mold, or mushrooms are infesting on it.
- One particular branch is larger than all other branches.
If you notice any of these signs, then the tree is hazardous and needs immediate attention.
Less Apparent signs: Apart from the symptoms mentioned above, there are other signs that only experts will recognize. Some of these are:
- Unbalanced branches because of improper pruning.
- The tree has unhealthy wood between every six inches in diameter of the trunk.
- Branches bigger than 2 inches in diameter have signs of decay.
Need for regular inspection
Most of us don’t have the time or the expertise to check a tree minutely, and if there are many trees in your yard or property, it will be too much effort. Moreover, most of us won’t know how to read half the signs, especially the less obvious ones. That’s why you need to call a tree expert for inspection.
Benefits of calling an expert for inspection
- They will be well versed in spotting hazardous tree signs. They will also know about various species and will, therefore, be equipped to give you specific solutions.
- They can also advise you on saving the tree if the problems are curable.
- They can tell you the preventive measures you can take to avoid similar problems in the future.
Hazardous tree solutions
Depending on the tree’s condition, the expert may advise you to get the tree removed before it becomes a significant threat to life and property. Or they may just remove dead and decaying branches. They usually do this when the tree can be saved.
About Marshall’s Tree Service and Landscaping
If you’re looking for licensed and experienced hazardous tree experts for an inspection or tree removal, Marshall’s Tree Service and Landscaping should be your one-stop destination. We will thoroughly inspect all trees in your yard and take the requisite actions to save them.
We offer complete tree care solutions for residential and commercial spaces in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade counties. Our wide range of services includes pruning, tree removal, stump grinding, tree installations, lot clearing, debris removal, tree trimming, and hurricane season preparation. You can call us at (754) 235-1926 or fill out our online contact form to know more.